What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is informed by employers and national and international standards for aesthetic beauty and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a fully commercial Mesotherapy practitioner.
Learners must achieve the mandatory unit:
- Enhance Appearance using Mesotherapy TechniquesThroughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of relevant requirements, regulations and safe practice treatment protocols for mesotherapy. Learners will also develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to consult with clients, and provide specific aftercare and home care advice. You will cover the following:
- Current legislative requirements governing aesthetics non-surgical intervention.
- Historical background of Mesotherapy treatment and its use within the aesthetics industry.
- Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Development of a thorough patient consultation.
- Contraindications and contractions of Mesotherapy.
- Pain management.
- Specific preparation before practical application.
- Treatment plans
What could this qualification lead to?
The primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment or self-employment in the beauty aesthetic industry providing Mesotherapy. Additionally, learners may choose to further develop their knowledge and skills by completing additional specialist qualifications at Level 4 and 5, including:
- VTCT (ITEC) Level 6 Award in Skin Peeling